PNBT (Nano Biotechnology Platform) is a single-site infrastructure that uses technologies, tools and highly qualified technicians from a scientific perspective.
This laboratory deals with the development, scale up and technology transfer of nanoparticles and diagnostics systems.
It represents the main link between the research and molecular modeling associated with the identification of new lead compounds and their evolution towards products and attractive processes for pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
Area manager: Davide Prosperi
For the synthesis and purification:
- Microfluidic automated system for the formulation and scale up of nanoparticles (Dolomite)
- Tangential flow filtration automated system (KrosFlo® Research 2i, Repligen – 5 mL-10 L)
For the characterization:
- High resolution transmission electron microscope (Jeol, JEM-2100Plus operante a 200 kv)
- Darkfield hyperspectral microscopy (Cytoviva)
- Dynamic Light Scattering/Potential Z (Zetasizer Nano ZS ZEN3600)
- Nanoparticle tracking analyzer (Nanosight)
- Differential Centrifugal Sedimentation (CPS disc centrifuge DC24000)
- HPLC (Infinty II 1260, Agilent)